Thursday, February 3, 2011

New Mini Comics & Superhero Comics Can Suck It

We handed out our third mini comics today in class, and they were all pretty funny not to mention just plain weird. But, that is what you have to love about independent comics, they are going to be some of the weirdest things you'll ever lay your hands on.
1/8th minis from last week

Unusal size minis from today, well now yesterday


Okay, so superhero comics. I don't mind them, but honestly I could care less about them, unlike most of my fellow nerds. Don't get me wrong they are beautiful, but a lot of the times I find that the stories are a bit week and strung out. So, yesterday I rediscovered the Graphic Novel section at the school library and decided to read as many of them as I can. Graphic novels and alternative comics seem to go almost totally unnoticed that any outsider who hears you draw comics will automatically think of Batman, and I'm sick tired of it. I guess with all these Alternative style classes I've been taking I've taken on a great appreciation of these kinds of comics and want to get my hands on as many as I can. Also, to try and help out in giving these hidden gems more of a voice I am going to write up a little bit about each of the artists or comics that I've read over on my Tumblr. Hopefully my small little voice will help add to the small din of noise.

No comments: