Thursday, January 27, 2011

Carpal Tunnel and Mountains of Terror


So, this image may look quite miniscule, but, I've been working on this 8.5 by 42 inch piece for a while now. It took me a while to try and figure out what I wanted to put in/on the mountain so I got off to a slow start. Then we had our deadline bumped up, so I have been cramming to finish as much of it as I can. I am pretty sure I won't be able to finish it by the new deadline, so I'm going to plan, or keep to my original schedule, to finish it by Tuesday, and hopefully in color. Then, I was thinking, if I feel inclined to the idea, I'm going to attempt to make it into a mini comic or poster, which will take a lot more planning than it's probably worth. Another option is to attempt to silkscreen this sucker. I am getting ahead of myself, I still have to finish the damn thing, without my hand falling off, or me hacking it off with a dull xacto blade. 

Update, no one really enjoyed this piece, except for my roommate. I still want to finish it, maybe people will enjoy it more when they actually see the entire work in all it's shining glory. I just don't have the drive much anymore because of that disappointing moment in class when I realized everyone was felt "eh" about it. But, then again, I guess I will have to find something I do enjoy about it and focus on that, it seems that usually people tend to enjoy your work when you've found something about it that you love. 

No comments: