Thursday, January 27, 2011

Super egos, selective hearing & death.


So, in my last post I put up an image of Sopapilla, my crazy alter ego. Now here is plane jane old me, in all my frumpy glory. I've been playing around with how I use color, not much has changed, but I've been trying to make things look much softer while still keeping it simple as well as using my fair share of pastels (honestly, in my opinion, you can never use too many pastels) I tried to use the same color palette I used for Sopapilla, just making it more realistic, and after completing it I want to go in and change the color of my id's hair, not to mention that weird fox flying off into some weird direction. Now I can only hope that my daily journal will be interesting enough to contain such characters.

Also, it seems that I have acquired the most peculiar selective hearing. Now, normally selective hearing usually means you hear what you want to hear or you just pick up on the most absurd part of a conversation (well, at least that is what I have come to define it as), but I, somehow, have been hearing the craziest deadlines. Perhaps it is because I am not used to be fully functioning by 11 o'clock, but every time I have been given a deadline for a project in my Visual Storytelling 2 class I have heard it was due a class before it should be, now I even tried writing it down in my journal/planner/idea book, and even there it is written wrong. What is wrong with me? Who knows, I mean it isn't an entirely negative kind of problem, but it can start to get troublesome, especially when you have two other studio classes with projects all due around the same time. I'm almost positive that the amount of stress I have dealt with attending this school will shave at least 20 years off my life, at least it's worth it. 

No comments: